Friday, April 13, 2012

Springtime and the Cherry Blossoms

Okay, I hate to break it to you but you are in for one more self-indulgent blog post featuring pictures of Sakura (cherry blossoms) and "A".  What can I say, my kid is cute and the trees are so beautiful that I couldn't help myself.  I needed to take more pictures.  Just look at that face!


However, these photos are all from on base at Yokota.  I asked around for the nicest and closest place to see the Sakura trees blossoming.  The answer I got the most was on base heading towards the east gate.  I was not disappointed.


The photo on the left is the road heading towards the East gate and the photo on the right is the road heading towards "A"'s elementary school.  Stunning.



The Sakura blossom is such a sweet looking flower.  Individually, they are delicate and lightly pink, but when seen by the hundreds, it's a magnificent sight.



So, what else could I do?  I packed up my camera and put my cute kid in a cute dress and went walking around base.  Have I ever told you what a cute kid I have?  I have?  Too bad,  I'll say it again.  
That. is one. cute. kid.


But even the cutest kid gets tired of just posing for pictures.  So what else would you do with all those flower petals falling to the ground?


Well, have a flower petal fight!  What else???



FREEDOM!!!!


Until our next adventure, or the next photo-stravaganza!


No comments:

Post a Comment